Nehru Zoological Park is one of the most popular destinations for travellers in Hyderabad. However, it is also the largest zoos in India. The spectacular place is scattered over an area 380 acres and homes of more than 140 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles. A unique trait of the park is that the entire species have been reserved in their zoological place.
The park is very extraordinary where
the creatures enjoy open areas which are like the natural spaces. It includes a
touch of humankind to the park management and also draws to the animal-lovers.
Wildlife is not the only tourist spot and there are lots of activities for
visitors to take on. You can cover a wild exploration at the park on different
Safaris, Lion Safari, Bison Safari, and Bear Safari.
You can also travel via a boating trip in the Mir Alam Lake. The toy train ride in the park is also a much-loved activity for the children. The park not only offers you a great entertaining experience but also communicates education and awareness about wildlife with a wide range of thrilling activities. Some of them comprise a visit to Jurassic Park, travelling around the butterfly park, and travelling to aquarium. The park has also fascinating museum where objet d’art and proof of prehistoric life are get into exhibition.
Best Time to Visit Nehru Zoological Park
The best time to visit the Nehru Zoological Park is from January to March and October to December.
Things to do at Nehru Zoological Park
- Toy train ride: The toy train is a pleasurable approach of discovering the splendour of the park. It is popular among children. The charge for the toy train is Rs. 10 per child ( 3-10 years) and Rs. 20 per adult.
- Tiger and Lion Safari: The safaris allow you riding through adventure trip and offer glances of backwoods on a winning streak. You can see different types of animals such as bears, bison, tigers, and deer. The fees for adults is Rs. 50 and for kids Rs. 30.
- Boating: Next interesting fun activity to do in the park is travelling through boating at the Mir amir lake. TSTDC arranges boat rides for the travellers. You can select from alternatives like traveller boating and speed boating.
- The Nocturnal house: In this unmatched segment of the park, night surroundings have been redesigned, so that nocturnal animals such as bats, loris, owls, and cats all can be seen throughout visiting hours. The charge for entry is Rs. 10 for children and Rs 20 for adults.
- Aquarium: You can wonder at the place of stunning marine species which comprises freshwater fishes and marine water species.
- Museum: The site is packed with diverse exhibitions on biodiversity reserve, parts of proof of prehistoric creatures (pug marks teeth, feathers, and many more), and taxidermy models.
- Jurassic Park: Children mainly love to visit this site. It boasts great structures of different dinosaur species such as Triceratops, Stegosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus.
Other Important Information About Nehru Zoological Park
Location: The Nehru Zoological Park is situated on the zoo main park road, Bahadarpura west, close to Mir Alam Tank in Hyderabad.
– Timings: The Nehru remains open to the public from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
– Entry fee: During weekends the charge for entry is Rs. 50 for adults and Rs. 30 for children. During weekends, it can increase around Rs. 60 per adult and Rs. 40 per child. The still camera fee is also taken at Rs. 100 and video camera charge is Rs. 500. There are extra charges for rides, safaris, toy train ride and other fun activities.
– Visitor’s service: The Park offers clean and purified water, first-aid facility, toilets and washrooms, sitting benches and shelters along with a hotel inn for lodgings.
– Parking facility: There is also special parking facility available for the visitors. No private cars are authorized inside the park areas. The park offers only battery-operated vehicles to sightsee.
How to Reach Nehru Zoological Park
The Hyderabad bus stand is just around 9 km far away from the Nehru Zoological Park. You can take a TSRTC bus from the bus station to get to the park. The intra city buses halt many stops around the city, with the park as well. It is very cost-effective choice of travelling to Nehru Zoological Park. You can also take a taxi or rickshaws from the bus station. It takes hardly one hour to arrive at the park by a taxi.