Australia is one of the up-to-the-minute destinations for Indians and this destination has seen a huge flow in the number of visa applications in the past 5 years. The soil of sun, sand and sea, without a doubt, has a wonderful enthusiast base and to experience it, Indian people should benefit a visa. Therefore, if you are planning to visit Australia, here is the whole thing you need to know about Australia visa for Indian Citizens.
The first and most important thing is that you need to make your mind up your reason to visit. Whether it is a purpose of tourism, study or work. Afterwards, you can proceed to apply for the same.
Australia visa for Indians: The Basics
An Australia visa for Indians is available as an online visa. This visa is also acknowledged as a Subclass 600 Visitor Visa. Indians visiting Australia with the intention of tourism, visiting friends or relatives in Australia or voluntary business tours such as going for meetings or seminars they can apply for this visa.
An Australia online visa allows the visa applicant to stay up to 3 months in Australia in each visit. The validity of this visa is only 1 year from the day of issuance and enables several accesses. It takes a maximum of 20-25 working days to get this visa.
Australia Visa Requirements
The Australia visa requisite list is classified into two parts. The first is the compulsory documents while another is the list of supportive documents according to the profile of the visa candidate. Furthermore to the documents mandatory, there are Health Requirements, Character Requirements, and Financial Requirements.
Let’s begin with the documents required-
- Needs original passport with at least 6 months validity
- Requirement of Notarized copy of all the pages of the passport, with the pages where you have other valid or expired visas if any.
- Duly attested Australian visa application form 1419
- 2 copies of recent passport size photographs of size 3.5″ x 4.5″. The photos must have a matte finish; the background must be white colour and should have 80% face coverage without margins.
- Need a covering letter explaining about your journey and personal details
- Attested copy of the last 6 months’ bank statement
- Personal Income Tax returns or Form 16 for the past 3 years
- Confirmed return flight tickets
- Confirmed hotel reservations
- Last 3 months salary slip
- Original leave approval certificate with company seal
- Pension pay order certificate
- 6 months’ bank statement if you are retired from a private company
- The student ID card should be issued from the relevant institution
- Bonafide certificate
- Birth certificate
- An ID proof parent- PAN card or passport copy
- NOC from the parents if travelling alone
- A signed an affidavit on Rs.100 stamp paper, from the non-accompanying parent if travelling with only one parent
If Visiting a Friend or Family
- Invitation letter copy
- Inviters ID proof- passport copy, or permit copy, etc.
- Address proof of the invitee- Utility bill, Electricity bill, etc
If anyone is sponsoring you
- Sponsorship letter
- Sponsor’s national ID proof- PAN card or Resident permit
- Needs last 3 months’ updates bank statement
- IT returns for the last 3 years
At the immigration
Despite all those provided documents for applying for the visa, you need to show some documents at the immigration Australia as well. The following papers are required to show at the immigration-
- Original passport.
- Travel medical insurance
- Return flight ticket, Hotel bookings / Invitation letter from invitee as confirmation of your housing.
- Furthermore, you might be asked to give proof of finances and other details about your travel.
Perquisites to meet to get an Australia visa for Indians
- No paid work is allowed
- Cannot take up a course longer than 3 months
- Health insurance certificate
- No further stay is authorized
- Should leave Australia before the allowed stay period fatigued
- No visa extension is permitted
Australia Travel Plan
Australia is a vast country to visit. If you are travelling to Australia for the first time, you should have an expert-prepared travel plan. It is only an expert-prepared travel plan that can help you to enjoy your Australia trip incredibly.