Canada Tourist Visa is a provisional Canadian immigration option that permits tourists to visit Canada for the reason for tourism and vacation. A Canada tourist visa is also popular as a name of Canada visitor visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). The Canada tourist visa is approved for a maximum period of six months.
Canada tourist visas from India come in two types:
- Single entry visa
- Multiple entry visa
Both the visas are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after the expiry date.
A single entry visa permits the visa holder to go into Canada just once. After the visa holder moves from Canada, apart from travelling to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, he or she will hold a new visa to move into Canada over again. If the tourist is travelling to the United States (with its Territories and Possessions) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, he or she will not require a visitor visa to come back to Canada.
A multiple entry visa permits a visitor to come and move from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply always. The multiple-entry visa is valid for up to 10 years, or one month before the visa holder’s passport runs out.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Tourist Visa for Indians
To come across the eligibility criteria for a tourist visa, you will require:
- You need a valid passport
- You must be in good health
- You have good financial resources means necessary to pay for your expenses while in Canada
- You must have a residence outside Canada and other required ties that will make sure you’re coming back home after your visit to Canada
- You plan to stay in Canada for a particular and limited period
- You aim to leave Canada at the end of your visit
- You have no purpose to look or take on employment while in Canada
- You have no criminal record
- You do not cause a security risk
- You consent to put up with by the laws of the land
- You might be required to go through a medical examination
Steps to follow to apply for Canada Tourist Visa
Before you apply for Canada tourist visa, you should go through detailed information on the visa/permit requirements and make sure that you are eligible for the same. Once you are confident that you are entitled to an application, you can move with the following modus operandi:
Step 1: Decide how you will apply
You can apply in any of the two modes for a tourist visa.
Apply Online – To apply online you should right to use to a credit card and a scanner or camera to be able to produce electronic copies of your supporting papers.
Apply on paper – To apply on paper you should download the application form for your visa and the appropriate checklist and follow the steps given below.
Step 2: Fill out the tourist visa application form
Go through the instruction direction and wisely fill up the application form. You should notice that after application filling is done that should have the barcode page. Your application might be returned or rejected if you do not give all the requested information, documents and charges.
Step 3: Pay the processing fee
Need to pay the fees for your visa application. Fees should be paid through bank draft or authorized cheque. You should check the fee schedule for current fees and bank draft details. Take note that you should evaluate this webpage again just before paying for the most up-to-date information on visa application fees.
Step 4: Visit the local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC)
Go to your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC). Keep in mind to take your passport, photographs, completed forms and all required papers according to checklist and CIC fee instrument and payment orders.
Step 5: Submit over your application form
At the CVAC you need to submit your completed application and pay your service fees. You will get a receipt. This receipt will hold your unique tracking number which is indispensable to track the progress of your application online. You will also be necessary to provide your biometrics.
Step 6: Track your application online
With the help of unique tracking number, track your application online.
Extension of Canada Tourist Visa
The Canada tourist visa can be extended. To expand the visa period you have to apply for the extension 30 days before the ending of the original visa.
Dos and Don’ts for Canada Tourist Visa Application
You must have to keep in mind the following dos and don’ts while applying for Canada tourist visa.
- Apply for a tourist visa to Canada just before few weeks to your designed travel date to permit time for the visa application process to be done on time for your travel
- Need to fill up your visa application form carefully with all correct details
- Carry all forms and required documents for submitting your visa application form
- Do not provide fake documents for your visa
- Do not conceal or pretend facts in your visa application
- These are entire procedures for obtaining Canada Tourist Visa.